kicker's show desktop button - what exactly should that do?

Stanislav Karchebny berk at upnet.ru
Fri Apr 23 17:30:41 BST 2004

On Friday 23 April 2004 22:00, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  could please somebody explain to me what exactly the 'show desktop' kicker
> button is supposed to do? For some reason people think it's me who
> maintains this, but I have no idea what exactly it should do, as I have no
> need for this functionality, whatever it is, and #60480 and #67406 kind of
> contradict on what it should do. I guess I could fix the bugreports for it,
> but for that I need to know what it's actually supposed to do, so please
> somebody tell me :).

It should minimize all windows including modal dialogs and allow user to
interact with desktop contents (icons, context menu etc). Un-checking it
should restore all minimized windows in their positions and z-order.

--
keep in touch. berkus.

Roey on #kde-devel: when I hear best of breed I tune out--it's too much a
buzzword. What I carry between my legs is best of breed. And like KDE, just
because it's less visible doesn't mean it gets less usage.