compile problem KHotKeys (KDE_3_2_BRANCH)

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Mon Apr 19 11:49:40 BST 2004

On Saturday 17 April 2004 02:34, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > ../../../../../../../src/kde/3_2/kdebase/khotkeys/shared/conditions.h
> >
> >:89: sorry,
> >
> >   not implemented: adjusting pointers for covariant returns
>
> This is wrong. KDE isn't allowed to use covariant returns because some
> compilers (notably g++) can't handle it.
[snip]
> The most probable option is #3. Can you check if you get the problem
> with clean sources? Include kdelibs in your cleaning, please.

Yep, cleaning kdelibs as well fixed it. Not sure why configure messed up the
first time (since I never installed anything different from the 3.2 branch on
that machine).

> Here follows an explanation of what a covariant return is (skip if you
> know already):
[snip explanation]

Thanks for the explanation! I kind of wondered what the exact issue was.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net