compile problem KHotKeys (KDE_3_2_BRANCH)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Sat Apr 17 11:01:40 BST 2004

Dne so 17. dubna 2004 02:34 Thiago Macieira napsal(a):
> Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > ../../../../../../../src/kde/3_2/kdebase/khotkeys/shared/conditions.h
> >
> >:89: sorry,
> >
> >   not implemented: adjusting pointers for covariant returns
>
> This is wrong. KDE isn't allowed to use covariant returns because some
> compilers (notably g++) can't handle it.

 It's a covariant return which requires pointer adjusting.

> Therefore, one of the three options:
> 1) there is a covariant return in that file/line. It should be
> removed/rewritten
> 2) g++ (yours or everyone's) is misinterpreting a normal situation
> or
> 3) something in your source code is causing a covariant return that
> would not otherwise exist.
>
> The most probable option is #3. Can you check if you get the problem
> with clean sources? Include kdelibs in your cleaning, please.

 Actually it's 4) there is a covariant return but it's #ifdef-ed and has a
configure check testing if it works (and there are other strange things in
khotkeys which I wanted to try just for the fun of it, like overloaded
operator , ).

 I guess I could simply remove it, but could you have a look in your
config.log why the check apparently passes when the compiler can't handle it?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 KDE Developer