KMimeTypeChooser

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Apr 11 13:22:16 BST 2004

On Sunday 11 April 2004 08:58, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Sunday 11 April 2004 01:29, Anders Lund wrote:

> Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant only the methods being const, not
> their return value. (makes little sense IMHO)

Right, in this case it shouldnt' matter at all

> > I kept the parent as the first argument, because there is a bunch of
> > parameters with default values following.
>
> This could be solved using overloaded constructors. IMHO consistency is
> king here, but that might be just me :}

Well, adding a bunch of overloaded constructors is a bit overdo imo.

> Another idea: Why not provide an accessor to the KMimeTypeChooser from the
> dialog instead of the two dummy forwarding methods? In case you want to
> keep them IMHO they should at least share the same name in the Dialog as
> well as the raw widget though (currently selectedMimeTypesStringList() vs.
> mimeTypes()).
>
> Also I would name selectedMimeTypesStringList just selectedMimeTypes. It's
> uncommon to decode the return type into the method name. Just an idea.

Right. I removed them, and renamed the method of the widget to
KMimeChooser::mimeTypes()

> Oh, and a private d pointer is missing.

Thanks, I didn't think of that -- even if i think now there will be little
reasons for changing things around, one would never know..

> Yes, given that the code actually uses KMimeType and KRun it would have to
> be in kio in order to link.

Kio it should be then.

Are the attached versions acceptable?

- -anders

- --
Document your code
Check before committing
Shoot spammers

Given the ugliness of the gmail service, I think everybody
with a democratic mind should stop using google at all.
=== Support democracy and individual freedom ===
=== Find yourself a different search service ===