KDE 3.1.4 upgrade on Solaris SPARC/x86, shut down problem

Steve Evans stevee at zuken.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 10:09:02 BST 2003

On 21 Sep 2003, fld at informatik.uni-bremen.de wrote:

> Hi  KDE-developers
>
> as usual I wanted to upgrade my shared KDE installation for
> all our Solaris Systems from 3.1.3 to 3.1.4. As in the previous
> installations I did it on top of the XFree86 X11-libraries and the
> GNU tools and libraries installed in our shared /usr/local.
>
> I'm very impressed by the much better looking fonts in the
> new release, something I didn't expect befor installing it.
>
> Unfortunately there seems to be something broken for Solaris.
> The desktops can't be shut down (both in Solaris SPARC and
> Solaris x86).

Not that it helps you, but I am seeing exactly the same problem on
Solaris 2.6. The KDE was built with gcc 3.2.3

Steve
Steve Evans,
Zuken Limited,                     TEL:   +44 (0)1454 207800 ext 8607
1500 Aztec West,                   Fax:   +44 (0)1454 207803
Almondsbury,                       mailto:stevee at zuken.co.uk
Bristol, BS32 4RF, UK              Web:   http://www.zuken.com
Registered Linux user #217906:     http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key:             http://www.gorbag.com/public-key-work.html