Drawing non-rectangular buttons?

shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Tue Sep 23 22:22:49 BST 2003

Hi all,

Is it possible without major effort to draw non-rectangular buttons in KDE/Qt?
Specifically, I want to draw something that approximates a normal keyboard
button, in particular odd-shaped stuff like L-shaped "enter" keys.

I am aware of QWidget::setMask(), but if I understand correctly, it is a bit
of a blunt instrument, and it is not clear to me if it would allow, for
example, another button to intrude into the angle of the L-shaped "enter" key
as on a real keyboard.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks, Shaheed