KDE Jabber Server, Proposal

Till Gerken till at tantalo.net
Mon Sep 22 16:28:54 BST 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 15:32, Andy Goossens wrote:
> On Monday 22 September 2003 11:54, Till Gerken wrote:
> > - get two DNS aliases, jabber.kde.org (closed server for members of the
> > KDE project) and jabber.users.kde.org (open server for KDE users),
> > serving @kde.org addresses and @users.kde.org addresses respectively
>
> What about people with a CVS account but without a @kde.org address? They
> are part of the KDE project, so they might deserve the use of the "devel
> server". But what happens then with the "personal opinions of foo at kde.org
> do not represent KDE" issue? (Which is one of the reasons why not everyone
> gets a @kde.org addy when they get their CVS account.)

I planned to keep the @kde.org mail addresses in synch with the Jabber IDs for
consistency (which would also answer your other question). However, I didn't
know that there were people not being able to get a kde.org mail address even
though being active in CVS. Being an example myself, I have no kde.org mail
address but I was told I would be able to get one.

How many people are there who'd be unable to get a kde.org mail address but
are active in the KDE project?

Till