KDE Jabber Server, Proposal

Andy Goossens andygoossens at pandora.be
Mon Sep 22 14:32:00 BST 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 11:54, Till Gerken wrote:
> - get two DNS aliases, jabber.kde.org (closed server for members of the KDE
> project) and jabber.users.kde.org (open server for KDE users), serving
> @kde.org addresses and @users.kde.org addresses respectively

What about people with a CVS account but without a @kde.org address? They are
part of the KDE project, so they might deserve the use of the "devel server".
But what happens then with the "personal opinions of foo at kde.org do not
represent KDE" issue? (Which is one of the reasons why not everyone gets a
@kde.org addy when they get their CVS account.)

Also, what would the format be of those Jabber IDs? cvs-account at kde.org or
like already existing @kde.org mail addresses?

> Ideally, both servers should be separate.

Of course...

> Are there any objections?

No, I will be happy to use one of those Jabber servers :-)

--
// Andy Goossens

// Quote of the moment:
Love is sentimental measles.