Proposal: Encouraging DB-using applications

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Mon Sep 22 17:21:11 BST 2003

> Am Monday 22 September 2003 12:11 am schrieb Roberto Alsina:
>
> Hi Roberto,
>
>> > and perhaps the maintainers can be persuaded to change the license for
>> > GPL to
>> > LGPL so that software licensed under non-GPL-compatible licenses may
>> use
>> > it.
>> > that is what the LGPL was designed for =)
>>
>> Probably 50% of the code is mine, consider that changed.
>
> While I personally know of too many occasions where dbms developers claim
> that
> everything should be stored in a relational database (Oracle & Co.) I am
> aware of the benefits of having an embedded _sql_ db in KDE. There are
> many
> cases where I don't want to depend on the always source/binary
> incompatible
> sleepy cat db (berkeley db).
>
> Of course LGPL is a prerequisite before even thinking about including it
> in
> kdelibs.

Only two permissions are still needed. We should have full permission in a
day or two. If not, I will just take the last version that was all mine
and fix it.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Imminentizing the eschaton since 1971.