Conditional data files

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Sep 21 23:45:20 BST 2003

David Faure writes:

> koffice/kexi/data/Makefile.am says if compile_qsa_plugin
> scripthandler = kexiscripthandler.desktop scriptrc =
> kexiscriptpartui.rc endif

> and uses $(scriptrc) and $(scripthandler) in foo_DATA lines.

> Is this supposed to work? (This is both a question for automake
> experts and for the unsermake developers :)

Yes, check the automake info pages on Automake Conditionals ( look for
the AM_CONDITIONAL autoconf macro.. )..

> Obviously if I'm writing this mail, it's because it doesn't
> work.....

> Unsermake: make: *** No rule to make target
> `/mnt/devel/kde/kdecvs/koffice/kexi/data/kexiscriptpartui.rc',
> needed by `all-am-top_kexi_data'.  Stop.

> Automake: make: *** No rule to make target `kexiscriptpartui.rc',
> needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

> Solutions? I can only think of the "move to a conditional subdir"
> solution.

How about making sure the kexiscriptpartui.rc file is present if it is
used in the build process ?

cvs annotate seems to tell me that Jaroslaw Staniek is the person to
blaim for this...

cheers
domi