Conditional data files

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Sep 21 23:30:01 BST 2003

koffice/kexi/data/Makefile.am says

if compile_qsa_plugin
scripthandler = kexiscripthandler.desktop
scriptrc = kexiscriptpartui.rc
endif

and uses $(scriptrc) and $(scripthandler) in foo_DATA lines.

Is this supposed to work? (This is both a question for automake experts
and for the unsermake developers :)

Obviously if I'm writing this mail, it's because it doesn't work.....

Unsermake:
make: *** No rule to make target `/mnt/devel/kde/kdecvs/koffice/kexi/data/kexiscriptpartui.rc', needed by `all-am-top_kexi_data'.  Stop.

Automake:
make: *** No rule to make target `kexiscriptpartui.rc', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

Solutions? I can only think of the "move to a conditional subdir" solution.