little reminder on the 3.2 release schedule

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Sep 16 08:53:58 BST 2003

> Well, I don't see a contradiction:
> According to the release schedule only urgent commits are allowed after
> September 29th. IMO features might be urgent commits if they are important
> features (and don't need much testing). Most of the features, however, don't
> qualify as urgent commits.
Right. If you commit new features that need documentation and translation and
testing in november, then we will release in February and I for one don't read.

I agree that if you read the release plan with one eye blind, you can read out of
it, that you can commit features til one day before the release candidate, but
I guess I expected some common sense in reading it. E.g. when the documentation
is frozen in week 40, how does it make sense to commit new features in week 44?

But exactly to iron out misunderstandings like this, I wrote the mail NOW and not
in october :)

So please point out the features you might not finish til october.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.