libjpeg, libtiff, libpng, libmng, and QT

John Davidorff Pell johnpell at mac.com
Mon Sep 15 04:29:39 BST 2003

AFAIK, When building QT it either uses the system's libjpeg, libtiff,
etc or it makes its own.

AFAIK, When building KDE configure checks for system libjpeg, libtiff,
libpng, etc. but it does *NOT* check if QT has made its own version.

I have built QT without using the system's jpeg/png/tiff/etc and I also
have separate copies. I made symlinks from libjpeg.dylib to
libqt-mt.dylib and the same for the rest. This works, so AFAICT KDE
does not depend on the specific implementation of the separate libs,
and can use QT's quite nicely.

Can we make KDE use QT's jpeg/tiff/png/etc? is this a known bug? if
this is not where I should report it, please forgive me and point me in
the right direction.

Thanx,
JP

----
It's all fun and games 'til someone writes to a NULL pointer!