kdesupport is dead, long live kdesupport?

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sun Sep 7 21:46:50 BST 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 04:06:22PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >   Actually it could be particularily useful for non-linux systems, where
> > packages aren't always available.
>
> Well, nothing in there is needed by KDE and we have tons more of
> libraries/tools that extend KDE - that are not in kdesupport.

I don't think KDE needs to put resources into adding a more convenient way
to offer these dependencies to downloads. I do use qt-copy, but it's not
hard to satisfy KDE dependencies with regular packages or source tarballs
for these.

People not using distribution packages are probably well-trained in doing
such installations or updates themselves when required. Also, it's not KDE's
goal to replace the responsibility of distributions.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."