problems with upgrading to recent HEAD

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Sep 5 15:39:13 BST 2003

I just upgraded my desktop to HEAD for the first time in a couple of months.
Unfortunately, I stumbled across a few problems.

1) My app icons in kicker disappeared.  (One for konqi, one for konsole, might
have been one for kmail too)  The K Menu and all other applets are still
there.

2) I had a konqbrowser.desktop on my desktop that was linked to the kicker
applet.  It's now a broken link.

3) kdelirc starts up with an ugly icon (ugly icon == icon with a big red X
over it) when I don't even have lirc running or configured.  It should not
start up like this for no reason.

1) and 2) appear to be the same problem.  I think this is XDG related.  We
need to have a migration path for this stuff.  The link for those buttons and
desktop icons were to $KDEDIR/share/applications/* but now they are under
$KDEDIR/share/applications/kde/.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/