build failure in kdebase

Craig Drummond Craig.Drummond at gmx.net
Fri Oct 31 21:20:19 GMT 2003

On Friday 31 October 2003 17:48, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Craig Drummond wrote:
> > Can you re-update both kcontrol/fonts and kcontrol/kfontinst -
> > kxftconfig.cpp is nolonger #included into XConfig.cpp
>
> I already did, that's the error I get with the new code (I just upped
> again to make sure, and it's unchanged -- I've got a real CVS account
> too, so it's not an anoncvs issue).

There seems to be something wrong with your build system. As explained there
are 2 different prototypes for this function - a fontconfig and an xftconfig
version. These are controlled by the HAVE_FONTCONFIG #def - which is listed
in kdebase/config.h, and this is generated by ./configure (which checks for
the fontconfig library).

"bool CXConfig::configureDir(const QString&)" is the fontconfig version - and
this seems to be what the .cpp file thinks it is.

"bool CXConfig::configureDir(const QString&, QStringList&)" is the xftconfig
version - and this seems to be what the .h file thinks it is.

However, the header file #includes config.h - and the cpp file #includes
Xconfig.h. So they should be the same.

I've just built kfontinst/lib with both HAVE_FONTCONFIG defined in
kdebase/config.h, and with it commented out. Both builds worked fine.

Craig.