X11 KeySym to Unicode mapping?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 22:46:02 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 16:33, Shaheed wrote:
> For the record then, I'm going to try[1] to build a translation module from
> X11 keysyms to Unicode. I'll stick what I come up with in viki for now, and
> we can consider if anyone needs this moving to (say) kdecore/kkey* in 4.0.

There is such a table in GDK already, gtk+/gdk/gdkkeyuni.c copied from
Markus Kuhn's stuff in xterm. So it should be a simple matter of
copy-and-paste from either GDK or xterm. I don't know if it supports
Indic. Input methods may be involved also. gtk-i18n-list at gnome.org could
probably answer any questions, lots of people on there are general i18n
developers rather than pango-specific.

Havoc