QBoxLayout::direction() behavior in qt3.2

Diego Iastrubni iastrubn at actcom.co.il
Sat Oct 25 00:07:49 BST 2003

Hi all,

I would like to know if someone knows how QBoxLayout::direction() works in
QT3.2.

Until 3.1 if one used (from /kdebase/kwin/clients/default  for example)
    hb = new QBoxLayout(0, QBoxLayout::LeftToRight, 0, 0, 0 );

This layout will be LTR always. No matter which desktop I use.
Now in 3.2 the layout behaves differently under RTL and LTR desktops. This
means that (for example):
* the close buttons in kwin are in the left and not right. The Opposite from
what I choose in kcontrol.

* the hides buttons in kicker are reversed (the button to close kicker is
showed in the wrong place)

I think that if I look into more deeply I will find more annoying examples.
The work only way to fix this ATM is to insert widgets in reversed order (see
for example this patch
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/kate/part/kateviewinternal.cpp.diff?r1=1.254&r2=1.255&f=h
). I hope every one here agrees that this kind of hacks are really ugly, and
this is a bad behavior of QT. Am I wrong?

If I am, can anyone tell me a better way to fix this problems?

--

diego, 29 Tishrey 5764