kopete irc-slave (Was: KSSL session reuse bugs)

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Oct 22 21:34:33 BST 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 16:18, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> Indeed it isn't, there is a constant socket between the two devices, not
> requests. And no don't have support for certificates or anything at all.
>
> Basically it has the same capabilities as XChats SSL support. Ie, it
> connects securely, and can optionally verify the remote host certificate.

  That is a false statement.  You don't have a secure connection until the
certificate is verified, no matter how strong the cipher is.

> That is all. There's no support for client-side certificates or anything
> like that (I am not even sure SSL with IRC supports this ).

  That's fine.  Server side certificate must be checked though.  Checking the
certificate is a big chunk of code.  You can see the tcpslavebase
implementation for an example.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/