kopete irc-slave (Was: KSSL session reuse bugs)

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Wed Oct 22 21:18:03 BST 2003

On October 22, 2003 5:06 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wed October 22 2003 09:41 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> >    If you want SSL support, you should consider the idea of an irc
> > kioslave instead I think.
>
> I don't think streaming nature of irc is compatible with the request-based
> approach of io-slaves.

Indeed it isn't, there is a constant socket between the two devices, not
requests. And no don't have support for certificates or anything at all.

Basically it has the same capabilities as XChats SSL support. Ie, it connects
securely, and can optionally verify the remote host certificate. That is all.
There's no support for client-side certificates or anything like that (I am
not even sure SSL with IRC supports this ).

>   That's what I suspected, though I think it's somewhat similar to the way
> imap works too...  so maybe it's possible?

Not really, IMAP works on a Job based method, it basically re-connects with
every call.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org