"Folder" or "Directory"?

Roberto Selbach Teixeira maragato at kde.org
Fri Oct 17 14:55:29 BST 2003

Em Friday 17 October 2003 04:47, Eva Brucherseifer escreveu:
> You have another vote for naming it all "folder" - it is way more
> consistent. And indeed KDE is an abstraction to the OS, that is what we are
> working on all the time - to present something to the user, so that he/she
> can use the computer without the need to know the OS.

I've got mixed feelings about this, but the reasons I've got for calling
directories "directories" are probably not very good, so I'm not going to die
if we decide for "folders". Yet, whatever the decision is, it must become a
guideline for sake of consistency, otherwise it will be a mess for our users.

Also, if we are to decide on "folders" only, the decision must be taken very
soon, otherwise there will not be enough time to make the changes, especially
if you think of what these changes mean to our translation teams.

	Roberto.

--
KDE Developer
Conectiva S.A.