"Folder" or "Directory"?

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Fri Oct 17 07:30:37 BST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2003 22:21 schrieb Craig Drummond:

> > I have developed a firm opinion being a translator.
> >
> > Folder when there is a graphical representation
> >
> > directory for the command line
>
> ...so pressumably then you're saying KDE should always use "folder"?

If there's no explicit reference to the command line: yes. -- This has been
discussed at length in kde-i18n-doc and kde-doc-english, BTW. The outcome was
always as Erik Pedersen said. Unfortunately, the proof readers have not found
the time yet to start working on this. See eg thread around
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=102075930511553&w=2

Regards,

Thomas

--