KDE libs documentation policy

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Mon Oct 13 08:53:33 BST 2003

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, John Ratke wrote:
> I agree, and also let's add outlawing use of "iff" as a short hand.

> @return @p true iff button is on and is a toggle button
>
> @return @p true if button is on and is a toggle button

The logician in me (perhaps it's Aristotle, but I doubt it) protests. The
first statement is

	"return value is true if and only if button is on and the button
is a toggle button"

whereas the second is

	"return value is true if the button is on and the button is a
toggle button (it might also be true in other cases that we're not telling
you about, though)."

in particular, to be complete you would need to add

	"return value is false otherwise"

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE