PATCH: KIO::RenameDlg

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon Oct 13 03:56:44 BST 2003

On Sunday 12 October 2003 16:28, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 11 October 2003 03:25, Dawit A. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The following is one possible fix to correct the problem of an ungainly
> > wide rename dialog box mentioned in BR# 62736. It uses QToolTip to show
> > the entire name of the source file if needed.
>
> Good idea, but what about using KSqueezedLabel instead of
> KStringHandler::cEmSqueeze, so that resizing the dialog shows more
> characters?

I wanted to do it that way first, but then I realized that we really only want
to squeeze long file names and not the other parts of the message, no ?
Perhaps squeezing the whole thing is a better than not showing more
characters as the dialog box is resized...

> -        QLabel *lb = new QLabel( sentence1 + i18n("Do you want to use
> another file name?"), this ); You shouldn't remove this label, it explains
> the reason for the lineedit.

I did not remove it. See the lines above it...

> > IMHO an even better fix would be to state
> > the filename by itself and show the source and destination separately.
>
> The source doesn't necessarily use the same filename (as in your
> screenshot), and I think this would be a bit confusing, too.

Indeed. I have no idea why but I find the current dialog box a bit
confusing :)

--
Regards,
Dawit A.