PATCH: KIO::RenameDlg

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Oct 12 21:28:53 BST 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 03:25, Dawit A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following is one possible fix to correct the problem of an ungainly wide
> rename dialog box mentioned in BR# 62736. It uses QToolTip to show the entire
> name of the source file if needed.

Good idea, but what about using KSqueezedLabel instead of KStringHandler::cEmSqueeze,
so that resizing the dialog shows more characters?

-        QLabel *lb = new QLabel( sentence1 + i18n("Do you want to use another file name?"), this );
You shouldn't remove this label, it explains the reason for the lineedit.

> IMHO an even better fix would be to state
> the filename by itself and show the source and destination separately.
The source doesn't necessarily use the same filename (as in your screenshot),
and I think this would be a bit confusing, too.