Fwd: Unable to load MSN protocol plugin

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 12:27:17 BST 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 13:56, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Saturday 11 October 2003 12:43, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > Inspired by khtml the attached patch (only build-tested) might be
> > simpler.

Simon's patches also work.

[tap at vimes tap]$ nm /usr/local/lib/kde3/*msn*.so | grep kopete_msn

/usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_kopete_msn.so:
00004dd0 T init_kcm_kopete_msn

/usr/local/lib/kde3/kopete_msn.so:
000007f0 T init_kopete_msn
         U init_libkopete_msn_shared

[tap at vimes tap]$ nm /usr/local/lib/*msn*.so | grep kopete_msn

/usr/local/lib/libkopete_msn_shared.so
000222dc t _GLOBAL__D_init_libkopete_msn_shared
000222c4 t _GLOBAL__I_init_libkopete_msn_shared
00020010 T init_libkopete_msn_shared

Looks good from my understanding of nm and the runtime loader.

> It's indeed simpler, but isn't it ugly to rely on KGF's internals this
> way?

No idea, I leave that to people who know more C++/kdelibs then me.

> Also, and that's my real reservation, does the KSettings::Dialog stuff
> from kdelibs still work with that, because we had to provide the instance
> name that is also mentioned in msn.desktop.
>
> You can test by firing up Kopete and check the following:
>
> 1. Is MSN listed in the Configure Kopete dialog?

Yes.

> 2. If you click MSN in the plugin config, is the MSN config shown in the
> lower half of the window?

Yes.

Looks good to commit, barring your comment on the ugliness of relying on
internals.

Cheers,

A.

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk