Fwd: Unable to load MSN protocol plugin

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Oct 11 11:01:27 BST 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 08:55, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> Right now, I can see that
>
> find /usr/local/lib -name '*msn*' -exec grep init_kopete_msn {} \;
> Binary file /usr/local/lib/libkopete_msn_shared.so.0 matches
> Binary file /usr/local/lib/libkopete_msn_shared.so matches
>

> Should the symbol be in this lib, or in the kopete_msn.so (as seemingly
> implied in the debug output)?

Oooh... that might very well be.

Simon, how exactly does this work? You moved everything, including the
KGenericFactory instantiation to the shared lib, but I think Andy is right
and the KGF should not be part of the shared lib.

Right?

What might help is creating a small file msn_unshared.cpp in the MSN plugin
that does

----
#include <kgenericfactory.h>

#include "msnprotocol.h"

typedef KGenericFactory<MSNProtocol> MSNProtocolFactory;

K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY( kopete_msn, MSNProtocolFactory( "kopete_msn" ) )
----

Add this file to Makefile.am instead of dummy.cpp, remove the
K_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY from msnprotocol.cpp (but leave the rest in) and
rebuild.

We probably need some msnprotocol_private.h or so to contain the typedef
without code duplication to avoid publishing implementation details in the
normal header, but that's another issue. First I need to know if it works at
all.

(It's also a miracle why it does work for Linux btw...)

--
Martijn