dcop services

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Oct 10 07:51:27 BST 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 02:11, Christian Loose wrote:
> Am Freitag, 10. Oktober 2003 04:30 schrieb George Staikos:
> > Are DCOP services supposed to go away over time, and if so, when?  They
> > seem to run forever here after all apps that are using them close.
> > KWeatherservice, cvsservice, rssservice are particular examples.
>
> The cvsservice shouldn't live longer than Cervisia. I call the quit()
> method of the DCOP service in the part's destructor (cervisiapart.cpp) and
> it worked so far. IIRC the KLibFactory in CervisiaShell made sure that the
> part gets destructed if it still exists on program exit.

  I ran kdevelop for about 1 minute on Wednesday and on Thursday cvsservice
was still running.  Is there a problem with the dcop call not getting through
or is it something else?  I have kweatherservice running here after it should
have been killed.  Bt says that it's in the event loop just waiting.  Note
that there is no "quit()" in this service, but there is an "exit()".  I call
it manually and it exits.  Why don't these go away otherwise?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/