KImageIO replacement

Szombathelyi György gyurco at freemail.hu
Thu Oct 2 12:16:07 BST 2003

Hi!

I recently wrote some code to replace KImageIO plugins with pure QT
plugins. This has several advantages: - no need to call any registration
procedure, - image plugins are usable in pure QT applications, too.
Daniel Molkentin was so kind and placed the patches on:
http://ktown.kde.org/~danimo/kimageio/
These patches simply converts kimageio plugins into QT plugins, I didn't
touch the original image loading and saving procedures, so I hope it
will not break anything. I also added a new image format, JBIG, which is
very good for faxes and similar images.
Can anyone apply these patches into kdelibs (admin dir also affected, so
to the other kde modules)?

Thanks,
Szombathelyi György