[Kopete-devel] Post 3.2 Kopete and packagers

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Nov 25 22:02:15 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 22:42, Lauri Watts wrote:
> Some of us package the modules as they are released (one released tarball
> from KDE == one package from us)  Please don't start an argument over the
> relative benefits of this, that's not the point, the point is *that is how
> it is done* and there's not a distribution or OS out there that will change
> their packaging policy to suit Kopete.

Sure, that's basically the discussion that got started on kde-packaging. What
I was replying to here was Jason's post that was arguing that we shouldn't do
interim releases for *technical* reasons rather than packaging, which I don't
agree with.

Nevertheless, thanks for your reply, it certainly cleared up some
misconceptions I still had.

And like you said, the worst that could happen is an interim release being
ignored. Well, as long as Kopete 0.8 is as kick ass as we hope it will be
that shouldn't be a problem. People who want it can always build from source
or use unofficial packages.

--
Martijn