[Kopete-devel] Post 3.2 Kopete and packagers

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Nov 25 17:39:33 GMT 2003

On November 25, 2003 1:26 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> The solution to this, as coolo pointed out, is to alert packagers that they
> should package kopete separately.

A better idea is to package the protocol plugins seperatly. Most plugin-based
apps do then Debian at least, so I don't know why Kopete can't be the same.

> But if it needs to be packaged separately
> anyway, I fail to see why it should be part of kdenetwork in the first
> place. kdeextragear seems more appropriate then.

You could put Kopete in kdenetwork and the plugins in kdeaddons, but then
you've got two problems. For one, our API isn't finalized. For another, you
can't use Kopete at all without at least one protocol plugin.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org