[Kopete-devel] Post 3.2 Kopete and packagers

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Nov 25 16:40:15 GMT 2003

On November 25, 2003 11:51 am, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 November 2003 16:08, Rob Kaper wrote:
>
> > I'd consider instant messaging to be an everyday task. Such
> > functionality
 should be part of KDE and included in KDE releases.

> I for one agree, but unfortunatly kopete developers have other plans ;(

Not all of us feel that way. I would much rather have Kopete in kdenetwork.

Personally I don't feel Kopete has any need whatsoever to have releases
separate from KDE. We're getting mature enough that we don't need these
rapid development schedules, and it would be much better to have an extended
development cycle to properly implement features fully before a beta period,
instead of throwing them in half-baked and half-tested so that we can release
every 4 months.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org