KSCD, showstopper list

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Tue Nov 25 10:25:45 GMT 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 23:42, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Nothing, but considering the huge number of bugs that I close as
> duplicate I have my doubts that checking for duplicates really helps
> that much. Sometimes people file bugs which are so obviously duplicates

I guarantee you that many people DO try to avoid duplicates by looking at the
list. Just because some duplicates will still be filed does not change that.

Do you seriously think you would see *less* duplicates if the wizard did not
walk people through that one extra screen?

Frankly, I can't believe the amount of time wasted in this thread. Just hit
continue and move on if you magically *know* its not a duplicate. Strangely
enough, since I only write a tiny fraction of the code in the codebase, I can
not usually be so sanginue without looking at the wizard's output.