KSCD, showstopper list

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Nov 23 22:19:10 GMT 2003

On Sunday 23 November 2003 17:07, Richard Lärkäng wrote:
> On Sunday 23 November 2003 22.25, George Staikos wrote:
> >   It seems that KSCD is not nearly in a state to be shipped for 3.2.  It
> > doesn't work in digital or traditional playback mode, the UI is very
> > flaky and inconsistent, kcddb crashes on data from the remote site for
> > me, and the kcm has missing symbols (thus crashes on load).   This is
> > something that worked fine in 3.1.x, with the exception of digital
> > playback which didn't exist then.  Who is maintaining this code, and are
> > these issues being addressed?
>
> Hi!
>
> I've been the one doing most of the work on cddb, could you try to give me
> some more information? It works fine for me, and I haven't heard anything
> about it until now.

  Run it in valgrind.  I get "Go fix your program!" which means there were
>30000 errors.  There are all kinds of uninitialized memory problems, and
generally it crashes on startup for me in non-digital mode.  On a fresh
startup, hit Play.  The button doesn't change to "Pause".  It after you can
get them in sync again (button and state), it does change to Pause.
Likewise, buttons that make no sense are always enabled.  You can Stop even
though it's already stopped.

   In digital playback, the sound is extremely choppy and the slider and LCD
display do not keep sync with the playback.  They seem to jump around
randomly.

   There are other problems, but that's a good start I think.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/