Crashes in ~QApplication

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Nov 14 21:45:47 GMT 2003

    Has anyone else noticed crashes on exit in several KDE apps, or problems
logging in with KDM due to crashes?  I had this since updating from 3.1 to
HEAD and I narrowed it down to randr support in Qt.  If I compile without
randr I don't have any problems.  The easiest way to reproduce this was to
run uxul with the testcase in kdenonbeta (allelem.xul).  It would exit with
SIGALRM when I had randr compiled in.  This is on powerpc, and I'm not sure
if it's Qt's fault or perhaps an XFree problem.  In any case, if anyone sees
these symptoms, try compiling without randr and see if that helps.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/