ANNOUNCE: another shift in 3.2 schedule

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Nov 14 08:49:24 GMT 2003

On Thursday 13 November 2003 19:28, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 13 November 2003 10:46, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >
> > The review rules I posted in the "deeper freeze" thread
> > still apply till beta2 is _released_, after that I don't think
> > it makes too much sense as many are on christmas vacation
> > and reviewing won't happen that much. So I'd suggest to
> > suspend the deep freeze between week 50 and 02 (still
> > hoping for a white christmas in nothern germany :) and then
> > start with the real deep freeze towards 3.2.0 at end in januray.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to suspend the "only fixes for bugs with a
> severity greater than major" rule until beta2 is tagged, but don't
> suspend the freeze afterwards? Somehow I have the feeling that the
> freeze should continously become deeper until the final release instead
> of going up and down.
That would work, but I said from the beginning that I don't want the
christmas holidays to be in deep freeze as it's the time of year where
many are bored by parents and want to hack :)

The only way the freeze can be hardened without beeing in freeze over
christmas is forking 3_2_BRANCH now and that's no good idea either if
you want bugs to be fixed at all. People will go for new features then.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.