RFC: Removal of KAutoConfig / KAutoConfigDialog

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Nov 13 04:15:37 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 22:25, Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> > > No.  I will simply not commit all the work I have done once head opens
> > > again. I'll let you and everyone port them yourselves sense what I have
> > > done is "just a waste of time" and you wouldn't want it anyway.
> > >
> > > And your welcome for all of the work I have done so far.
> >
> > See i dont like that reasoning one bit.  you are generating more work for
> > others.
>
> Hmm
> Move app Foo to KConfig_XT = 10 hours
> Move app Foo to KAutoConfig = 9 hours
>
> Total work that you have to do if I port to KAutoConfig = 1 hour
> Total work that you have to do if I do squat = 10 hour.

What I think most people still do not understand is what happens when
KAutoConfig gets pulled out ? Is it going to be copied into each of these
apps that you are or have been porting ? Are all of these changes going to be
completed in time for the complete freeze in preparation of the 3.2 release ?

--
Regards,
Dawit A.