deeper freeze

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 13:44:50 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 14:13, Andras Mantia wrote:
> shouldn't be the goal. The goal should be fixing those bugs.
Sure. But we have to draw a line somewhere, otherwise we'll never
release.

> > I don't know if you actually figured, but if you read kde-cvs, _many_
> > of that little patches turn out to break another aspect or do not compile,
> > or have to be discussed, etc.
> Than the solution would be not do forbid bugfixing, but to enforce somehow
> people to send patches to (the corresponding) mailing lists prior to
> committing. There is always a risk that touching a code for whatever reason
> breaks it in another aspect, but if we avoid code touching we will stagnate.
Well, stagnating is part of the release cycle. As I said: draw a line somewhere
and stagnate on that level for some weeks. Not too long of course, but long enough
to get a real overview how good it is. Currently it's more like "oh, you're using
16h hour old code, you better update."

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.