deeper freeze

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 08:42:09 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 00:37, Stefan Rompf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > So far I count 50 confirmed bugs >= major. Every other bug
> > can wait for 3.2.1. We made excellent progress and KDE CVS
> > is an excellent shape (if you look at the 50 bugs, you'll figure that
> > most of them aren't new) - it just got some rough edges.
>
> what is the policy when 3.2 is out? There are some optimisations to
> client certificate handling that I cannot finish in time, but I think
> they should not wait until 3.3. (The session handling fixes will be
> ready until Thursday evening)
3.2.x is even more touchy. It gets far less testing pre release, so
you find out implementation bugs in your fixes for 3.2.1 and then
you need to release 3.2.2 - and hope noone else added optimizations :)

But usually we add such code to HEAD, get it some testing and then
backport if it worked for a month. The message and feature freeze is
of course intact for 3.2.x releases. But you're always free to open the
discussion with a patch.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.