PATCH: kdelibs/kdeui/ktoolbarbutton.cpp

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sun Nov 9 23:11:58 GMT 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 22:26, Martin Pley wrote:
> > I hoped your patch would allow me to
> > change Konsole's QToolButton into a KToolBarButton again to make the
> > popup show up without delay if you drag the mouse.
>
> Where exactly do you use it? I'd like to have a look at it.

In konsole/konsole.cpp I'd like to s/QToolButton/KToolBarButton/. The reason
is that the K-button has a nifty usability feature that if you _drag_ the
mouse it shows the popup immediately, whereas the Q-version has an annoying
timeout.

But so far I haven't been able to get it to work yet, not with your patch
either :(

> Without changing the API it will be difficult to use this button not within
> a KToolBar. But i think, we're in feature freeze, so I didn't want to
> change too much.

True. Depending on the intrusiveness of the patch this might be more suitable
for post-3.2, but even then we need a patch in the first place :)

--
Martijn