[patch] KIconLoader::loadMovie() does not respect theme inheritance

Richard Smith kde at metafoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 17:43:25 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to make the connecting animated icons in Kopete be themable,
and I've run into a problem: KIconLoader::loadMovie() doesn't search the icon
theme's parent when looking for icons. Attached is a patch to fix this (apply
in kdelibs/kdecore).

I'm not sure whether this is technically a bug or a missing feature, but based
on the documentation of KIconLoader it looks like it's unintentional. I've
also heard that the current behaviour might violate free-desktop.org
standards.

Is it OK for me to commit this?

lilachaze

PS I'm not subscribed to this list, so please CC me.