patches for Sun Forte 7/8 compilers

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 16:44:54 GMT 2003

Hi!

David Faure was kind enough to post the patches for SunOS/Sun Forte
7/8 compilers at

http://www.blackie.dk/~dfaure/solaris/

these are only for arts and kdelibs, for now. i still have to package
kdebase, kdenetwork and kdemultimedia. kdebase also has a lot of
them. after that, things get a little easier -- not as many patches.
there's a lot of 'weird hacks' in them. please don't flame me for
these, without these weird hacks, it won't work at all with Forte. it
won't compile, it won't link, and, in the luckiest instance that it
does compile and link (which it won't), it will cause the weirdest
and most obscure run-time errors.

please feel free to ask me why they are the way they are. most of the
times i will have an explanation. it will, sometimes, take me a few
hours to answer, just because i don't think i can remember off the
top of my head why i wrote it that way 6 months ago, for every single
one of them.

--Stefan

steleman at nyc.rr.com                          -Monty Python