build failure in kdebase

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Sat Nov 1 16:36:38 GMT 2003

Craig Drummond wrote:
> On Friday 31 October 2003 17:48, Benjamin Reed wrote:
>
>>Craig Drummond wrote:
>>
>>>Can you re-update both kcontrol/fonts and kcontrol/kfontinst -
>>>kxftconfig.cpp is nolonger #included into XConfig.cpp
>>
>>I already did, that's the error I get with the new code (I just upped
>>again to make sure, and it's unchanged -- I've got a real CVS account
>>too, so it's not an anoncvs issue).
>

> There seems to be something wrong with your build system. As explained there
> are 2 different prototypes for this function - a fontconfig and an xftconfig
> version. These are controlled by the HAVE_FONTCONFIG #def - which is listed
> in kdebase/config.h, and this is generated by ./configure (which checks for
> the fontconfig library).

Now I see the issue.

Mac OS X uses a case-insensitive filesystem.  In the local directory,
there is a "Config.h" that gets matched first, so it never includes the
"real" config.h.  This will likely break cygwin as well, since they have
the same issue.  Not sure if there are any other unixes out there with
case-insensitive FSes that might be affected too.

As I see that it's in noinst_HEADERS, do you have any objection to
renaming it?

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE