KFile (Konqueror) Properties Permission Tab patch

Tim Jansen tim at tjansen.de
Tue May 27 21:05:10 BST 2003

Hi...

The attached patch replaces the current KFile permission tab with the
ComboBox-style + Advanced Permissions that I proposed last week. I would
appreciate it if other people could test it thoroughly since number of
possible permission settings together with the different behaviour on
executable files, regular files, directories and mixed lists of file items
makes it very difficult (if not impossible) to test all code paths. I
appreciate other feedback as well, of course. :)

When you think that you found a bug, please reload the directory in Konqueror
and try again, since there are several bugs in KIO that look like errors in
the permissions tab, especially with recursive permission changes (see bugs
#51404 and #59040).

bye...