speeding up KFind

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Sun May 25 22:59:23 BST 2003

On Monday 26 May 2003 22:48, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Monday 26 May 2003 04:12, Andras Mantia wrote:
>
> > > Beware application/x-python, x-perl, x-ruby, etc., and similar
> > > mimetypes. Perhaps it can use the new "is it text" functionality that
> > > was added recently?
> >
> > Yes, I think the X-KDE-Text should be used. Otherwise you will miss some
> > pure text documents, which are not under text/*.
>
> Can you give an example how to use that? Each file does only have one mime
> type, doesn't it? Also for some reason my Perl files have mime type
> "text/x-perl", similar for Python.

Wrong, the new mimetypes for perl/python/ruby etc. are application/x-*.
(We changed things a little bit in CVS HEAD because it wasn't very consistent
previously, there were duplicates and so on).
The point is that to "end users", scripts are closer to executables than to text files.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer