KWord/OOo files mime types

Daniel Naber daniel.naber at t-online.de
Sat May 24 17:45:44 BST 2003

Hi,

recently I wanted to test KFind's new content search in OpenOffice.org
files. It didn't work, the reason was this check:

file->mimetype()=="application/vnd.sun.xml.writer"

On my system, OOo Writer files have this mime type:
"application/x-oowriter". I want to add more files besides OOo Writer so
the question is: what mime types will I have to use? Do I have to check
for two different types per file, or even more? If so, it would be easier
to just check the file name suffix (nothing bad will happen if a file
that's not OOo has such a suffix)...

Regards
 Daniel

--