BIC in kdeui/keditcl2.cpp

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon May 19 13:55:53 BST 2003

 Hello,

 would it be please possible to rewrite this
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/kdeui/keditcl2.cpp.diff?r1=1.52&r2=1.53&f=h
 in a way that doesn't involve using private classes, thus avoiding breaking
when the private classes change? Good luck that I didn't forget my crystal
ball today, so that I spent only about half an hour finding out why KWin
crashes on QTextParagraph::str being NULL when there was absolutely no way
how it could be so (my crystal ball says it was so because I compiled with
-O0, which cause out-of-line copies of some inline functions from
qrichtext_p.h, and those took precedence over the correct ones from Qt).

 If API of the public classes doesn't provide everything necessary to
implement the method in KEdit, send them a patch, so that it gets in Qt in
time for Qt3.2final. My crystal ball says that it can possibly break even
with -O2. I don't care that much if e.g. Stano wants to have fun using
QRichText internals in KBabel, but we definitely must avoid such things in
libraries.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer