QT 3.2b :-(

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sun May 18 14:04:03 BST 2003

On Sam, 17 Mai 2003, Andras Mantia wrote:

> Well, I think I just switch back to QT 3.1.2 and recompile all the KDE until
> this issues are fixed (or until KDE HEAD is not requiring QT 3.2). :-( BTW,
> it seems that there is a BC issue between QT-COPY (the one after the BC fix
> was committed) and QT 3.1.2, as kdeinit will not start if I simply change
> back the libqt... link to the 3.1.2 one, and complains about missing symbols.

Qt 3.2 is backward compatible. if you compiled against 3.2 and then try to
un against Qt 3.1, it will naturally fail.

The other crashes you report are just simple bugs, they will be fixed soon.
Maybe you can help by compiling k3b with debug support and valgrinding it,
I'm sure you will find some problems.

Dirk