-platform linux-g++-objprelink still useful?

Christian Esken c.esken at cityweb.de
Sun May 18 13:38:31 BST 2003

Hi,

I am just about to do a full clean reinstall. I am wondering whether
it is (still) sensible to use objprelink?  I just took a look and read: "This
tool was very effective in 2001 for speeding up KDE 2.  This is no longer the
case because newer runtime linkers perform much better in that respect."
Other tools like objprelink2 is "just for experiments" and "combreloc" is in
binutils, as I undertand.

So I wonder whether it is sensible to keep the "linux-g++-objprelink" platform
in qt-copy?

Chris