KDE 3.2 release cycle

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat May 17 09:19:09 BST 2003

On Friday 16 May 2003 18:18, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2003 20:54, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > the KDE PIM stuff is more important than all the other applications
> > you mentioned put together from the standpoint of user benefit.
> > this is not to put down those other apps, since i think they are
> > all great and strategically important. rather, this speaks to the
> > overwhelming importance of a solid PIM infrastructure and
> > application set in KDE.
>
> I can second this as many coporate users hope
> that KDE 3.2 will be able to natively act as a Kolab client.

This still requires quite some work. Some important parts of the
KOrganizer kroupware branch aren't merged yet.

If there are many corporate users which are interested in that feature
it might be a good idea, if they would help with that, e.g. by
providing developers or paying developers to do the work. As this
feature isn't that interesting for non-corporate users (and
developers), I suppose it's unlikely that it is implemented by the
"regular" KDE development process.